Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Teacher Tuesday: Xtranormal Text to Movie Website

I found out about this site while reading a blog on educational technology that I read often, The Penguins's Slide.

"Xtranormal is a site where you can create your own mini movies using pre-made 3D characters and sets. When creating a movie, you can control camera angles, actor expressions and movements, and background sounds and music. Have your students re-create a scene from history or a book they just read. You can sign up for a free account and have your students work from that to save their work and progress OR you can download the desktop software called State."

I had my son take it for a test drive to see if a 13 year old could make a movie without any help, and sure enough, he did.

Then I took it for a test drive, too, and this is what I created:

0 comments:

Post a Comment