Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Teacher Tuesday: Starfall

This week, I'd like to feature a web site I read about on the Free Technology For Teachers Blog called "Starfall.com: Interactive Reading and Games." Starfall offers free online activities to help young students learn to read. Starfall covers everything from learning the alphabet to learning how to pronounce words. One of the best features of Starfall is in the "I'm Reading" section of the website. In the "I'm Reading" section students read short stories set in a variety of contexts. As students are reading, if they get stuck on the pronunciation of a word, they can click on any word in the story to hear it pronounced. This same concept applies to other activities offered by Starfall.

Check out this great blog at: http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2010/05/starfall-interactive-reading-lessons.html.

Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment